URGENT HELP PREPARE DEFENCE. ;PRA group ccj claim

URGENT HELP PREPARE DEFENCE.

This forum is a big blessing and really appreciate ALL the Angels helping vulnerable people so sincerely and expertly.

Claim Date 7 Sep online acknowledge for 28 days

Got a letter from PRA saying I have until 10 oct to reply with a defence.

PRA sent a letter before court action but with the immense financial pressure and stress levels, it just slipped to respond.

I sent them a Prove-The-Debt-Letter and they have sent a reply saying that I need to return defence by 10 Oct. I did send a copy to the court as well as the PRA group.

In the court letter, I stated the below.

"I kindly ask that this correspondence and the enclosed copy of my letter to PRA GROUP be added to my case file as supporting documentation.

I trust that this information will be taken into account when reviewing the case. I request that no final judgement be made until I have received the necessary information from the claimant and have been able to properly prepare my defence."

I came across a thread about SAR PAP that I can send to get an idea of what details they have and also get a 30-day stay to prepare the defence.
Would I get 30 days from the date I send the SAR letter.

I need to work to pay the bills and this is taking up so much of my day time.

I have 1,9,7 years old at home and the cost of living with this stress is just....

the claim is for under 1.5k

kindly advise. Thank you again in advance to all the selfless angels helping vulnerable people from these ruthless sharks.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,538
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    I`m afraid the legal wheels will keep turning, PRA will want a judgement in default if they can get it, so they will likely not supply what you have asked for till long after the court date.

Do you have a defence to this at all ?

If you can`t respond in time, would a CCJ be a problem to you otherwise ?

The payment can/will be set according to your available disposable income.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • gizmo111
    gizmo111 Posts: 2,655
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jazz007 said:

This forum is a big blessing and really appreciate ALL the Angels helping vulnerable people so sincerely and expertly.

PRA sent a letter before court action but with the immense financial pressure and stress levels, it just slipped to respond.

I sent them a Prove-The-Debt-Letter and they have sent a reply saying that I need to return defence by 10 Oct. I did send a copy to the court as well as the PRA group.

"I kindly ask that this correspondence and the enclosed copy of my letter to PRA GROUP be added to my case file as supporting documentation.

I trust that this information will be taken into account when reviewing the case. I request that no final judgement be made until I have received the necessary information from the claimant and have been able to properly prepare my defence."

I came across a thread about SAR PAP that I can send to get an idea of what details they have and also get a 30-day stay to prepare the defence.

I have 1,9,7 years old at home and the cost of living with this stress is just....

kindly advise. Thank you again in advance to all the selfless angels helping vulnerable people from these ruthless sharks.
    Your defence is that you cannot file a full defence as you do not have the documents requested to prepare your defence, I would go and ask on legal beagles you can probably ask for a stay on the claim until you have received the documents. 

Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
  • jazz007
    jazz007 Posts: 13
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    gizmo111 said:
    jazz007 said:

Your defence is that you cannot file a full defence as you do not have the documents requested to prepare your defence, I would go and ask on legal beagles you can probably ask for a stay on the claim until you have received the documents. 

thanks ; would subject access request and 30 day stay be applicable at all ?
  • jazz007
    jazz007 Posts: 13
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I`m afraid the legal wheels will keep turning, PRA will want a judgement in default if they can get it, so they will likely not supply what you have asked for till long after the court date.

thanks for your reply ; i was wanting guidance on defence

i am planning on responding in time?

if they can not prove the debt  ; how does a money claim stand ?

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,538
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    jazz007 said:

thanks for your reply ; i was wanting guidance on defence

i am planning on responding in time?

if they can not prove the debt  ; how does a money claim stand ?

Legal Beagles will be able to answer that more fully.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • as mentioned above, i believe they are hoping you dont do anything so they can win by default. It seems that part of your defence is that pra haven't supplied you with a requested CCA. (probably because they cant). Check with legal beagles but i suspect that if you put in a defence PRA may not even show up so the case will be thrown out? but it is important you put in a defence.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback