Which comps don't you enter?

Just wondering who here enters ALL comps posted and who only enters a few?

I tend to avoid the IG, Twitter/X comps and anything that I don't think myself or anyone I know could use (such as trips far down South that I know would be difficult to travel to)

Just wondering what everyone else does :)
2023 6 Wins - Biggest win Aug 23 from Instagram Freda and Bert bundle worth £180

Comments

• AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,575
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There's a few I won't enter:
    - If the comp is hosted by a page/organisation for specific groups of people (e.g. elderly, disabled people, LGBTQIA+, people with kids etc). The reason behind this is that I don't want to take a prize away from someone in that community. 
    - if the prize is too far for me to travel
    - anything I don't personally need
    - anything beauty-wise that isn't cruelty-free.
    - at the moment anything over £500 from Bauer (because I'm on a bauer ban 🤣)

• oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,367
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I don't enter radio ones where you have to play a game/answer questions as I'd freeze.

One night hotel stays, unless it's really worth going for (eg baftas). 

2/3 night stays abroad, if I'm travelling it's got to be 5 - 7 days minimum.

Rarely enter for make up, lotions and potions these days. 
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,367
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Also very rare for me to enter Facebook comps as it shows up in friends timelines and I don't want to spam folk 
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,844
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I've got a few things I deliberately don't enter.

If I can't use it or gift it then I won't enter, I'd rather someone who can use it manages to win it, rather than me trying to sell something on (even though some people do sell on and I have in the past sold things on, but it is usually after I've got use from it or changed my mind after receiving it)
    Spa experiences, although I may consider if they did nails (I'm not into the jacuzzi, massage or sauna)
    1 night stays if it isn't within around 2 hour drive unless it is near family.
    Anything outside of England, Scotland or Wales right now.
    I don't enter TikTok competitions
    As much as I've heard sheepskin products are amazing, I don't tend to enter for them, as I don't eat lamb/sheep, so even though it is often a byproduct/waste for those slaughtered for meat, so it doesn't go to waste, it isn't something for me. So anything I don't personally agree with.
    No days out to breweries. 
    Kinky things I don't enter.

Certain competitions I rarely enter, like daily ones for Mag dailies, unless I want some easy entries that I don't have to think about and gleam or rafflecopters that are a mile long or that require a comment, I will enter them depending on the prize or the mood I'm in 😆 

I'm sure there are a fair few others I rarely or don't enter, but I can't think of right now. 🤔 
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,518
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
     I only enter ones I really want to win, not ones I would have to sell or give away.
    Nor Twitter or instagram as I don't want accounts there. And I can't enter MD ones as I can't login despite Changing password etc. 
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,864
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    AC55 said:
    - If the comp is hosted by a page/organisation for specific groups of people (e.g. elderly, disabled people, LGBTQIA+, people with kids etc). The reason behind this is that I don't want to take a prize away from someone in that community. 

Have they changed the rules back again? At one point that applied, then they changed it to any prize regardless of valued (For avoidance of doubt this means that an entrant will not be eligible to win any prize if the entrant has in the past six (6) months won a prize valued at £500 or more.)
  • Samjade97
    Samjade97 Posts: 1,564
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I only enter things i would be happy to win
    Eg food, make up, money

Its rare i enter for trips and hotel stays

I only do Insta for social media as my sister and partner dont mind the 100s of tags.

I used to enter everything but i won tickets for george ezra in london and i felt awful cause i didnt go and someone probably really wanted those.

Just find what works for you :smile:
    May 23 - Guava & Gold body wash and lotion
    July 23 - £200 TU voucher, Corruption of chaos by Ambrose Parry
    Dec 23 - Face mask, Face Wash, Silk pillowcase, Silk eye mask, Cedarwood Heart Fragrance
    Jan 24 - Carling Bar Kit
    Feb 24 - Heart Shaped Pancake Pan
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,209
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I only enter for what I can use, don't do IG can't get my old head around it.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,575
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    mjm3346 said:
    AC55 said:

Have they changed the rules back again? At one point that applied, then they changed it to any prize regardless of valued (For avoidance of doubt this means that an entrant will not be eligible to win any prize if the entrant has in the past six (6) months won a prize valued at £500 or more.)
    I wasn't aware of the rule change so I'll go back and have a look at my WEM at the time. Thanks 😊
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,608
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    I don't enter:-
    Social media competitions of any kind. I only have Facebook and I don't wanna be constantly sharing posts.
    Anything run or sponsored by the S*n tabloid rag.
    Comps for incredibly minor prizes like a pen or a pack of seeds.
    Comps where the prize is for a specific hobby (knitting, crafting, fishing, anything like that).
    Comps with prizes for babies, young children or pets other than cats.
    Obvious geographically restricted ones eg. you have to live in Scotland or North Yorkshire etc.
    Other than that, anything is fair game. It sounds like I'm cutting a lot out but I still manage to enter loads.... shame I don't win loads but hey ho!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback