How to deal with CapQuest

Last week I had 2 letters from them in reference to debts which are nearly 20yrs old asking me to contact them to discuss. Today, I have had further letters from a company called Resolvecall, on instruction from CapQuest, asking the same.

I have not made a payment on these debts for well over 6yrs. I don't think I have written to anyone in respect of these debts for 6 years. I think the last I heard was when I did an Experian check then a few wks later I received letters. That was 2015, and I think I maybe received letters on these debts 2017ish.

If you were me would you phone rather than write to them, just incase it extends the limitation period?

Comments

• Don't phone them that just encourages them,

You know they are statue barred and all Capquest are trying to do is frighten people into paying unenforceable debts.

If someone does come to the door just tell them to go away, they have no powers.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Yes, they have been threatening that. I know they can't, but that will frighten some people. What a way for them to carry on. How is it allowed?
  • They are not breaking the law, they are very careful in the wording of their letters.

Not illegal but immoral? problem is they don't have any morals.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 1,363
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They are very careful in how they word the letters. They push it as far as they can to try and imply things to scare people as much as possible but without going quite far enough to say anything untrue.

I certainly wouldn't phone them, their aim is to scare people into phoning them so they try various tactics on you. If nothing else it's just a waste of your time.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,558
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Just send the statute barred letter to them and have done with it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Likewise, old debt from maybe year 2000 or so. Was paying via CCCS , last payment maybe around 2009. Sent a letter to family address 2015 with final settlement offer, relative paid it meaning well. Now getting letters as the debt is getting sold on to various companies. So - not only is it statute barred, it has been settled! 
    Past year or so has been OPOS - arrow- cap quest- now resolvecall. Have proof of the settlement payment, receipt. They also somehow have my mobile number which is only a few years old so I had text also. How they got my number I don’t know (original creditor would have had my post and possibly email ).  So , like many others on here, resolvecall are threatening home visit. No trace of the debt on credit record nor anything on County court register. 
    They must be mighty desperate! 
  • i wish resolvecall would come and visit me, i have a brilliant way of dealing with them but i better not say on here. :)
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,258
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    i wish resolvecall would come and visit me, i have a brilliant way of dealing with them but i better not say on here. :)
    Does it involve pouring anything on them from an upstairs window?
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,127
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    fatbelly said:
    i wish resolvecall would come and visit me, i have a brilliant way of dealing with them but i better not say on here. :)
    🤣🤣🤣 love that idea!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • fatbelly said:
    lol, i couldn't possibly comment but no that would be assault.  i would release the tiger lol.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback