Anyone going to buy the Quest 3

Options
anotherquestion
anotherquestion Posts: 381 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 29 September 2023 at 9:28AM in Gaming MoneySaving
Hi folks, 

Since the Quest 3 is now on pre-order and due to be released on 10 Oct, is there anyone who has the Quest 2 going to upgrade?

I do love the Quest 2, but personally going to hold off until the price comes down, usual history with Facebook headsets.

As well as the headset I usually buy after care insurance (a must have in my opinion) and a good strap, this can add a fair whack onto the initial outlay.

Thoughts on the Quest 3, and if you're going to upgrade?

Comments

• rustytortoise17
    Options
    Is there much of a difference from the quest 2? 

I have the quest 2 but its gathering dust. The augmented reality feature on the 3 looks pretty good though.
  • anotherquestion
    Options
    Why gathering dust, I love my Quest 2 standalone only, Love the exploring apps like Wander and try a few games.
    I have tried a few augmented reality as well, just monochrome room passthrough but still its ok. Some people are complaining that the Quest 3 passthrough can be a bit grainy looking unless light in room is right.

I don't think that the passthrough and pancake lenses are worth the upgrade at the Quest 3 price, but that's my opinion as some say it is.

Will wait I think until price drops.
  • thediscountcodes
    Options
    Is it much different from Quest 2? 
  • clarkyson
    Options
    Hi folks, 

Since the Quest 3 is now on pre-order and due to be released on 10 Oct, is there anyone who has the Quest 2 going to upgrade?

I do love the Quest 2, but personally going to hold off until the price comes down, usual history with Facebook headsets.

As well as the headset I usually buy after care insurance (a must have in my opinion) and a good strap, this can add a fair whack onto the initial outlay.

Thoughts on the Quest 3, and if you're going to upgrade?

I am getting mixed feeling about quest 3. Will stick is quest 2 for time being 
  • anotherquestion
    Options
    Well the two main things on Quest 3 are colour passthrough and pancake lenses, which give more clarity than the Quest 2 lenses' From what I understand is that the Quest 3 colour passthorugh needs a lot of light to make it look good, grainy in low light. There is a black and white passthrough on the Quest 2, its not that bad really, with a few apps I use such as Wooorld, and the Quest 2 lenses seem clear enough to me, admittedly I have Nystagmus in my eyes which may have a bearing on it.

Can't see a good enough reason yet to upgrade with cost for the basic headset at £479 with insurance/breakdown/cover (a necessity in my opinion) and a decent strap will take total near £600
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback