Iceland Airfryer offer - does anyone else feel "had"?

Options
I saw this offer on the MoneySavingExpert weekly news letter Tower Airfryer for £35 and thought I'd give it a go before investing more heavily in a Ninja for example. Same day - ordered on-line and topped up to the required £40 for free delivery with a couple of other products. Lo and behold - delivery today - no airfryer  - out of stock - just got top-up products. The driver didn't offer me the option of returning them and I wasn't quick enough to think I could. Phoned my local Iceland - they informed me they only had a couple available and was the luck of the draw who got them. Have complained to Iceland customer service- agents attitude was - you got a refund whats your problem? My problem is - this offer seems to be a sprat to catch a mackerel- not to say a cheat -  the airfryer was priced, cynically I believe - to encourage further purchases as top-ups - and it did suceed with me - I spent money with Iceland I wouldn't otherwise have done. My point is - it sounds to me they never had enough of these airfryers on offer to make it a real offer but they will have made a lot of money from people topping up for free delivery - like me. I feel very let down by Iceland who I felt was an ethical company in as much as any of them are
Anyone else experienced the same?

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport