Older contract's

Not sure if this right place

So when was being on job seekers, I had to join or sign up for loads agencies or job sites -  I come across 2 digital contract I signed etc still in my inbox just hitting 3 years old 

I don't really need keep these do I ? Most contract or employment data stays on record for 3 to 5 years ( if inactive) account get deleted 

Comments

• ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,181
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you aren't still on job seeker's allowance, and only signed up to comply with conditions relating to that, then you can safely delete them.

Btw, contracts is a plural, doesn't need the apostrophe - this makes it a possessive.
  • It's up to you. 

The law of limitations for contract law is 6 years and so to me it makes sense to keep contracts for 7 years past the end date and then bin them. 

Chances of ever needing them is slim but did know one guy that after 4 years after leaving a company was contacted by his ex employer saying that there had been a mistake in his final payslip and he owed them money. Turned out it was about an expensive course he did just before he left. They said their contract allows them to clawback the training course cost but thankfully he had a copy of his contract still and disputed this. They admitted their error and apologised. 

If he'd disposed of his contract then he'd have very much been on the back foot as clauses like this are common place.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback