Boiler upgrade scheme: Gov grant to rise to £7500

3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch (£3.36 /W).
17 Yingli 235 panels
Sunnyboy 4000TL inverter
Sunny Webox
Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since.

13 Feb 2020 LUX AC 3600 and 3 X Pylon Tech 3.5 kW batteries added...

20 January 2024 Daikin ASHP installed

Comments

• But will the higher grant be available when Octopus start offering heat pumps in Wales?
  • Still not enough for me to make the jump.
    I would think about it if my boiler were on its last legs but it's probably got another good 15 years in it yet.
    4.3kwp JA panels, Huawei 3.68kw Hybrid inverter, Huawei 10kw Lunar 2000 battery, Myenergi eddi, South facing array with a 15 degree roof pitch, winter shade.
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,712
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    But will the higher grant be available when Octopus start offering heat pumps in Wales?
    According to Greg Jackson at the Wired Octopus Energy Tech Summit a couple of weeks ago, if your current heating system is in good working order, the Octopus heat pump should be able to just replace your current boiler because it will produce water as hot as a gas boiler. The Cosy 6 will be first out of the traps and should cope with a three bedroom property. Higher capacity ones in due course.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure