Scammed on Facebook comps

I keep getting notifications on Facebook saying I have won, but it turns out lots of people on the feed have won aswell and then it says click on "this link to register" I have had a couple now, so I am just warning people, just be careful! 
Thanks to all who post competitions!

August 2023 wins: Group ticket to RAF horrible histories exhibition, Magnum coupon worth £4.50, tickets to a concert in Birmingham, Builders and Renovations show tickets. Theory test app.

September Wins: Harry Potter Pencil Crayons, Box of vegan whoopie pies, 

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,468
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
     I see this a lot. You click the link and it either asks for all your personal details (data harvesting) or a fee to get your prize. Which can lead to them emptying your bank account 
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,395
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Always check the profile and block. They always have no followers and you will see the same comment on most entries. Report to page owner of competition as they usually then put an alert out.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,090
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Don't click on those links, nor ones you receive in emails.
    A lot of them say you've won something and if you look they then say you're one of the potential finalists or whatever.
  • annat
    annat Posts: 837
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yep getting so many, now considering not doing Facebook entries. I report every one
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,848
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    This is something that has been going on for years, any competition that involves a "like" is easy fodder for the scammers, if entry is by an app it is usually a bit more secure (assuming the page is not a set up in the first place).
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,094
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Nothing new, just be savvy.
    Thank you all who post.
  • onyx22
    onyx22 Posts: 24
    First Post
    Forumite
    i rejoined FB this year just for comps, I was only there for a few days and each day I had several of those messages, so closed my account
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback