MSE Poll: Do you have a will? If not, why not?

Options
Poll started 18 September 2023

If you want to dictate where your assets go when you die, you need a will – a legal document telling everyone what should happen to your money, possessions and property. Wills can be made cheaply, and sometimes for free – see our Cheap wills guide. With Free Wills Month coming up in October and Will Aid in November, please let us know if you have a will. And if not, why?

Click here to vote in the poll.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks!

Comments

• Keruge
    Keruge Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have seen the Free Wills Month on MSE before and it nudged me to try to get one done, that was 3 to 5 years ago!

All I can say is that I have never managed to obtain a free will, some years there were no participant firms in my County or even neighbouring counties, for the others I got no response from the first listed.

As far as I am concerned these firms damaged their reputation by promising to participate in these scheme but then failing potential customers.

I helped someone out with their Will who had used a firm as executor, all they did was bleed the estate for fees.

I probably should have a Will but I don't, I can't fill in the poll because too much personal information requested.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback