HMRC Tax & National Insurance Sort Out
I have several docs dated from around 15 years ago to now. I am decluttering all this paperwork/docs deciding which ones are important to keep and which ones to throw in the bin. I start with the oldest to newest according to dates on those docs:
- Letter from HMRC dated Oct 2008 letting me know there's a Gap in my National Insurance Contributions for the year 2006-2007. HMRC says I require 30 years to get the Full Basic State Pension. So if I do not pay to fill this gap then I lose a year and it wont be counted to that 30 years? What is the difference between a Basic State Pension & a Full Basic State Pension? The letter states the deadline to pay for this gap is April 2013 however I didn't pay so this gap cannot be filled anymore? If I can fill this gap then how do I do it and is the deadline extended until April 2025?
- I have P45's dated 2014 and 2022. Does the 2022 P45 replace the older colourful 2014 P45 or can I throw both away?
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards