Diamond Engagement Ring - Hatton Garden

Options
Hi, We are looking to go to Hatton Garden soon to buy my engagement ring.  We have a good budget for this but with so many jewellers all competing with each other, can anyone recommend the better places to visit there?  We are looking for a single diamond set in platinum.  TIA

Comments

• Green_hopeful
    Options
    I got mine from one of the online places where you choose the diamond and the setting and they put it together. It means you can choose the quality of the diamond to suit your price point. It was about half the price that it would be on the high street. Also you can be specific about the size of the diamond. Mine is a shade under one carat which is significantly cheaper than a whole carat. No one can tell by looking at it. When it came to the wedding ring I tried a few on in a department store and then picked a similar style. Again with diamonds but little ones. Good luck. 
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 24 July 2023 at 5:16PM
    Options
    I would familiarise yourself with the 4 'C's.
    Colour
    Carat
    Clarity
    Cut

Do you want a bigger stone of a lesser colour?
    Or do you want a colourless (d) diamond that is smaller?
    Do you want a diamond that has few (or none) inclusions or would you prefer a larger stone that has more inclusions?

If I had a 'good budget' I'd prefer to buy a loose diamond and have it set to my design.
    That way you can check the stone out before any flaws are hidden by the setting.
  • Begum123
    Options
    When I was looking for my engagement ring, I went to Hatton Garden and got a few quotes. It’s also worth checking online jewellers, I came across Grandeur Diamonds on Instagram. I would highly recommend that you check them out - they are based in Hatton garden but don’t have shopfront. You can reach out on Instagram and see their work and arrange consultation.

I was provided competitive prices straight away without having to negotiate and was a a lot more competitive than the quotes I was given by shopfront jewellers in Hatton Garden after negotiating. 

They walked me through the whole process, I felt very informed of the decisions I was making regarding my ring as I had limited prior knowledge. All their diamonds are GIA/IGI certified so very credible.

Since I received my ring I have also recommended this jeweller to my family and friends who have also had a similar positive experience regarding their quality of workmanship and customer service. It’s really worth getting a quote from them before making a decision. Hope I could help!
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Personally would have a look at Blue Nile, when dealing with a jewellery evaluator for insurance they said the retail price of some of the bands was less than the wholesale price she buys them at for her own business... clearly she then has to mark them up to cover her wider costs and give a profit. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback