Trip.com - two together railcard

Options
Last year, I bought an online two together railcard using Tesco Clubcard. Both of us had the railcard app on our phones, was provided with a code and the railcard was visible on both phones on the Railcard app.

This year I was tempted by the trip.com £12 offer, I was lucky enough to get one of the 50 offered yesterday. Took a train (tickets from trip.com) yesterday, which activated the railcard. The railcard is visible is my trip app on my phone. Contacted customer services to get a code for my partner's phone. Advised one is not available.

Anyone got the same problem and found a work around ?

Thought about a screenshot, which I did for yesterday's journey. But the railcard in the trip app now has a moving thing in the bottom right corner.

Comments

• JoeK80
    JoeK80 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I have just bought a family and friends railcard from Trip.com. I have he railcard photocard (with my photograph) contained within the app. I have contacted them to ask how I get my wife her photocard (as the family and friends railcard allows 2 users). They have said one is not available and she will need to "log into my account to access the discount". 

First of all, this won't be accepted by an rail operator as the railcard must have your photograph, but secondly, absolutely nobody should be suggesting that you share your log in and password with someone to access your account. It's absolute basics of security. 

I might end up demanding a full refund if they can't resolve this. 
  • MilesT6060842
    MilesT6060842 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Having the railcard visible through one digital account only seems to be a known problem with discounted railcards bought via websites others that the official railcard website (affecting "family and friends" railcard as well). 

With a "two together" both of the nominated "two" have to travel together, so verifying the identity of just one (by photo, with the second by name) is probably seen as good enough.  It's much more of a problem with F&F railcard where any of the nominated adults can use the card (as long as there is a child as well).

Also it's not possible to get the digital railcard converted to a physical one.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A separate issue with railcards (in my case a senior railcard) may be the lack of photo on the plastic card. I wanted a physical card not a phone  version in case of any problems with the phone on the day. Mine has no photo but the phone version does. I have come across some anecdotal complaints on FB about ticket inspectors on trains refusing to recognise/accept the plastic card due to the lack of photo. Has anyone on MSE had this happen?
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Never had a problem..the plastic card doesn't come with a photo...
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never had a problem..the plastic card doesn't come with a photo...
    No I haven't yet either. I just came across a complaint on FB where the person insisted she had been told that she did need a photo

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback