Lifepoints survey reward received via Paypal from Qmee

Options
Tommo2448
Tommo2448 Posts: 46 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 10 July 2023 at 9:43PM in Boost your income
Hi, an interesting issue today, perhaps of interest to anyone who uses Qmee and/or LifePoints surveys.

Yesterday, I got a £5 payment to Paypal from Qmee, which puzzled me as I had not asked for a cashout.   So I emailed Qmee support and they replied promptly today, explaining that "we have looked into this and the team have let me know that LifePoints are working with Qmee to improve the member rewards experience, and that the payment you have received is from rewards you have redeemed via the LifePoints panel service".

This explained the payment, as I had made a request for a £5 withdrawal from LifePoints last week.

However, the email from Paypal for this £5 from LifePoints did not mention LifePoints, only Qmee, so might puzzle other survey users, as it did me initially !   I suggested to Qmee support that they might try to alter the format/text of the 'LifePoints via Qmee' payments to make it clearer to folk, although not heard anything back as yet.  Equally, if the new system allows payments from LifePoints to be received more quickly, that would be welcome.

The only difference (as of now) between the message on the Paypal notification emails for Qmee payments is that the one on behalf of LifePoints simply says "paid by Qmee Ltd", while those for actual Qmee cashouts say "Qmee Ltd has sent you £x.xx GBP".     The format of the payment notices on my Paypal "activities" list is identical (as of now).    

It seems strange for one survey website to make payments on behalf of another, but there is perhaps an underlying commercial link between Qmee and LifePoints that I am not yet understanding.   

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 July 2023 at 2:16PM
    Options
    They are both parts of the large Kantar group

LifePoints is run by Lightspeed, a Kantar Group company, the world's largest custom research and analysis provider. 

from about a year ago 
    Kantar has acquired Reading-based app survey platform Qmee
  • Tommo2448
    Tommo2448 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mjm3346 said:
    They are both parts of the large Kantar group

LifePoints is run by Lightspeed, a Kantar Group company, the world's largest custom research and analysis provider. 

from about a year ago 
    Kantar has acquired Reading-based app survey platform Qmee
    Ah ha, thanks, I see !  I knew LP was part of Kantar, but hadn't noticed the Qmee acquisition.  All makes sense now.
  • onemouseplace
    Options
    This confused me no end a couple of weeks ago as well - especially as I had cashed out £20 but forgotten that due to vagaries of the Lifepoints system it was coming as 2 x £10 payments so I was completely mystified at first!
  • charmed1318
    Options
    Thanks for that. Just had an email from PayPal about £5 from Qmee & I've not used it for ages. Thought it was free money for a sec. Haha 😄 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback