RMT tube strikes July 2023 - dates

Options
Most of the news articles, including the BBC, say that there will be strikes on the tubes from 23 July - 28 July, with it not yet confirmed "which groups of workers will strike on which day, nor whether the action will last for a solid six days."

However, some of the papers, including the Guardian and the i paper, say that there won't be strike action on Monday 24 July.

Is there any certainty around the pause on the 24th, do you think? My Mum is due to travel through London (Kings Cross to Liverpool Street or Tottenham Hale) that lunchtime and is starting to worry about what her Plan B might have to be...

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The BBC confirmed yesterday that there will be no strike on the 24th. I fear she may be going to Stansted, if so there are direct trains from Peterborough on the East Coast mainline or Cambridge, both of which would avoid London altogether
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. Luckily she isn't soing as far out as the airport - she's travelling down to Kings Cross from LNER, and then out to a stop before the airport.

She is very relieved to have the confirmation re. the 24th!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback