MSE Poll: How do you rate your mobile network's service and coverage?

Options
MSE_Gavin
MSE_Gavin Posts: 11 MSE Staff
First Anniversary
edited 4 July 2023 at 10:14AM in MoneySaving polls
Poll started 4 July 2023

We want to find out how each provider rates for service (how it treats you) and coverage (how strong the signal is when you need it). In truth, there are only four main networks providing signals – the rest use these, but under their own brands (see our Mobile networks guide for who piggybacks on who).

Please rate the firm that provides your mobile phone bill (if you've switched networks recently, please rate the provider you were with the longest over the last year). 

Click here to vote in the poll.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi @MSE_Gavin

How am I supposed to rate something like coverage as these things are really relative... I mean I am with O2 and think its bad that I have no coverage on Tooley St near London Bridge and similarly at my local a mile or so away.

At my local I know everyone has a problem as its a running joke and so really seems to be a location issue not an O2 issue but I've no idea about Tooley St.

I've not spoken to Customer Service for 2-3 years so do I say its Great because I dont need it?
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I consistantly find that I have no/limited network on Three whilsts my friends on other networks aren't having the same issues. I really hope the merger with Vodaphone goes ahead to combine coverage.
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have been with EE for 4 years now since moving from o2 and find they are much better. The only downside is that the signal in my house is not the best.
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am on Virgin which used to use EE but now uses O2.
    Whilst on EE, the coverage was much better than now on O2. Whilst O2 is ok, its coverage is not as good as EE's.
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    lr1277 said:
    I am on Virgin which used to use EE but now uses O2.
    Whilst on EE, the coverage was much better than now on O2. Whilst O2 is ok, its coverage is not as good as EE's.
    I really think it depends on your location. In my old residence EE had better service than O2, but in my current it is vice versa.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback