NOW LIVE: The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. The theme is ENERGY. Please post your questions on bills, switches, alternative fuels etc. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer as many as possible

Paying national insurance gaps

I received my state pension in September 2018 I had 35yrs contributions I didn’t get the full amount because I was contracted out . I can pay voluntary contributions for 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 it would be just over £400 to do this but would it make any difference my pension thanks


  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Forumite Posts: 8,565
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 June at 7:18PM
    I'm afraid not.  You had 30 + years as at April 2016, so only paying for 2016/17 and  2017/18 (if they are empty)  would add to your pension
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards