We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Interesting article today

Hi All,

Thought I'd share an interesting article I read today. Apologies, I can't remember which paper it was in, as we have them all at work, but the article basically looked at the growing number of people finding themselves stretched financially and living beyond their means - and ways out of it.
It didn't tell me anything that we don't already know from this site, but it showed me that there are so many people in our shoes and that even though we feel like we're the only ones in this position, whether they'll admit it or not, the liklihood is that most people we know have some debt.
Just thought I'd share it and I admit I felt a little smug that I knew exactly what they were telling me to do - and more importantly doing it!
Hope all are well x
Quit smoking 18/08/07
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.