We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Our first ever allotment harvest today

Options
sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
So chuffed! We picked our first harvest today, mange tout, peas and pak Choi 

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    edited 12 June 2023 at 7:16PM
    Options
    So round yours for stirfry tonight then? :wink:

I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ha!ha! I was going to post the same.
    Guess Sarah's going to have to grow more.
    Lovely photo. Congratulations  :)

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (Also - nice plate!)
    Michael J Fox's middle name is Andrew.
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,572 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    So impressed at this 👏
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (Also - nice plate!)
    Thank you! Denby Halo x 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • matty_bram
    matty_bram Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Nothing beats the feeling harvesting crops you have planted/cared for. Congrats. 
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Very well done, there is nothing better than homegrown produce.  Just wait until you eat it, you will definitely taste the difference. 
    I've been growing for many years now and the pleasure of picking it and eating it is second to none.

Good luck with the rest of the veg and do keep posting and let us know how it is going.

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback