How to stop klarna payments going out

Options
Hi, can someone please help as I am so worried.
I have got myself in so much trouble with buy now pay later such as klarna, clearpay and zilch.
I contacted Stepchange last week who gave me some advise and I need to stop paying to catch up. I WILL pay off my debt but I just can't do it as quickly as they want.
I changed my debit card so whilst I sort myself out, no more payments will be taken as I just don't have enough money in my bank account to live and pay these debts right now. 
But somehow a payment has just been taken out for klarna and if it continues, I will not be able to get through the month.
How on earth have they taken money from my account when I removed my payment method from my account and changed my debit card.
What can I do to stop anymore payments going out whilst I get the help I need? 

Comments

• amyc123
    Options
    I have a “savings” account attached to my bank account so that whenever I get any money in, I transfer it straight into my savings account and put what I need in as and when I need it. Stops any payments coming out without me being happy with them coming out.

I will say though you need to time it right - waiting up until 12.15am for your wages to go in will just become habit after a while 😅
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    amyc123 said:
    I have a “savings” account attached to my bank account so that whenever I get any money in, I transfer it straight into my savings account and put what I need in as and when I need it. Stops any payments coming out without me being happy with them coming out.

I will say though you need to time it right - waiting up until 12.15am for your wages to go in will just become habit after a while 😅
    That will just incur bank charges , so not a wise move
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport