Not sure if i have had a default notice.

Options
Had an arrangement to pay off a credit card and freeze interest which i kept to for a year then the debt was sold to PRA. I requested the CCA which they havnt been able to supply  for over 4 years, during which i havnt paid them anything. Do i need an official default notice or will the debt be statute barred after 6 years anyway?

Comments

• kimwp
    kimwp Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think it's more to do with your acknowledgement of the debt, either by a payment or written acknowledgement than if/when you get a default.
    Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

For free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It should have been defaulted before it was sold

• Sly72
    Sly72 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Had an arrangement to pay off a credit card and freeze interest which i kept to for a year then the debt was sold to PRA. I requested the CCA which they havnt been able to supply  for over 4 years, during which i havnt paid them anything. Do i need an official default notice or will the debt be statute barred after 6 years anyway?
    Have you checked your credit file?
    I have Dyslexia which is a learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling so some post may not make sense.
  • Lemonbelly
    Lemonbelly Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sly72 said:
    yes, nothing showing on my files with all the main agencies.
  • Sly72
    Sly72 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sly72 said:
    yes, nothing showing on my files with all the main agencies.
    My credit card showed a default with the lender, when it went over to PRA lenders default removed PRA added, so far PRA cannot get CCA so making no contact. What date did you start the arrangement to pay off a credit card ?
    I have Dyslexia which is a learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling so some post may not make sense.
  • Lemonbelly
    Lemonbelly Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    must have been about the end of 2018, ran for a year then sold to PRA, then i stopped so havnt paid pra anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback