We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry angry rant about DMP, banks, ruined my life, prob bit dramatic but so fed up

Options
2»

Comments

• stymied
    stymied Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you open a different bank account away from your overdraft one? Has all interest and fees now been stopped?

How horrible! I do hope you complained about being physically stopped from leaving!

Many on here swear by surveys for earning a little extra in the evenings although I would suggest if you do, keeping it to spend on yourself rather than overpaying the DMP even more. The odd train ticket to somewhere for a change of scene at the weekend could make the world of difference x
  • Tamar7
    Tamar7 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes I opened two completely separate accounts, one for bills and DMP and one for work parking, food and any other cash as it helps me budget better.and all bills go on pay day or just after so no payments are missed. 

I tried the surveys but most I wasn't what they wanted or you sign up but only get offered 20p surveys...I spent a week off and only got £7....😒 

Interest has stopped... But they do conveniently forget and charge sometimes.. I have successfully had them reversed.  They're defaulting me because the payments won't pay off the cards in time...not that I've missed paying them or under paid.. honestly can't win really. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure