We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Roboform vs LastPass

Hi all,

I hope people are having a good comping year!

Our Roboform is due to expire next week, before I renew I wondered what most people use. I have used RF and LP previously and wondered if there was now a benefit I was missing with one over the other?

There may be other ones that I have missed that people are using

Good luck all with comping this year!

Comments

  • ergomaniac
    ergomaniac Posts: 163 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I used to use Roboform and found it good but then I bought a new Macbook and can now autofill from my saved details on google chrome on the Macbook so no need for a paid subscription anymore. 
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,406 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Long ago I used free Roboform before using it together with free Lastpass as some would fill that the other one didn't, then dropped Roboform as LP had a better free package (didn't use either for passwords) still have LP but generally use autofill on Chrome.

    There is also free Dashlane which I have never used

    https://www.dashlane.com/personal-password-manager
  • Juzza12
    Juzza12 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Bitwarden.
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,682 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I have been using roboform for donkeys years and never paid a penny works perfect for me.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 5,450 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I'm another who has switched to Bitwarden
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competitions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • EnglishWelshie
    EnglishWelshie Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Roboform for me. I've also just had to renew this week but find it worth it as I use it on multiple devices. I just wish that they would treat us the same as new customers with their discounts. I also wasn't impressed that this time I couldn't use it for free on my main computer as it turned over to read only mode even when I went onto their website and downloaded the free version.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,406 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Roboform for me. I've also just had to renew this week but find it worth it as I use it on multiple devices. I just wish that they would treat us the same as new customers with their discounts. I also wasn't impressed that this time I couldn't use it for free on my main computer as it turned over to read only mode even when I went onto their website and downloaded the free version.
    I have never used a pay version of any of them or generally used them as more than a form filler - the free version of Lastpass  allowed multiple devices of the same type to be used, that made it handy compared to the free roboform version as at one point I used computers in different rooms - Norton includes a password manager (never used that bit) but Chrome has autofill and that with lastpass is enough for everything for me
  • EnglishWelshie
    EnglishWelshie Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    mjm3346 said:
    Roboform for me. I've also just had to renew this week but find it worth it as I use it on multiple devices. I just wish that they would treat us the same as new customers with their discounts. I also wasn't impressed that this time I couldn't use it for free on my main computer as it turned over to read only mode even when I went onto their website and downloaded the free version.
    I have never used a pay version of any of them or generally used them as more than a form filler - the free version of Lastpass  allowed multiple devices of the same type to be used, that made it handy compared to the free roboform version as at one point I used computers in different rooms - Norton includes a password manager (never used that bit) but Chrome has autofill and that with lastpass is enough for everything for me
    I hadn't paid for any either until 4 years ago but thought it was worth it because I get to use it a lot and get my moneys worth out of it with using it on pc, laptop, phone and ipad. Originally I only used it on pc but find it great on other devices when I am out and about and have forgotten my password. I also used to use last pass but very rare I use it these days as roboform does practically everything I need it to do.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,406 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    mjm3346 said:
    Roboform for me. I've also just had to renew this week but find it worth it as I use it on multiple devices. I just wish that they would treat us the same as new customers with their discounts. I also wasn't impressed that this time I couldn't use it for free on my main computer as it turned over to read only mode even when I went onto their website and downloaded the free version.
    I have never used a pay version of any of them or generally used them as more than a form filler - the free version of Lastpass  allowed multiple devices of the same type to be used, that made it handy compared to the free roboform version as at one point I used computers in different rooms - Norton includes a password manager (never used that bit) but Chrome has autofill and that with lastpass is enough for everything for me
    I hadn't paid for any either until 4 years ago but thought it was worth it because I get to use it a lot and get my moneys worth out of it with using it on pc, laptop, phone and ipad. Originally I only used it on pc but find it great on other devices when I am out and about and have forgotten my password. I also used to use last pass but very rare I use it these days as roboform does practically everything I need it to do.
    I don't use anything for passwords (other than a very thin notebook), the majority of (competition) sites I use don't require a password either and I don't use tech when I am out and about so I have no use for the "extras" that come with any of the paid packages.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.