Boundless - any good?

Options
BPL
BPL Posts: 191 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 19 May 2023 at 6:52PM in Discount codes & vouchers
I've just noticed multiple ads on tv saying discounts for public sector workers and retirees. Seems it's run by CSMA. I had an online chat and they said they take your word on your employment status. Seems like they sold out promo type codes or have click through discounts. Some completely free stuff others 20% off. It's £40 per year per"family". 
I would be interested to hear from people's actual experience of them rather than opinion please.
TIA

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BPL said:
    I've just noticed multiple ads on tv saying discounts for public sector workers and retirees. Seems it's run by CSMA. I had an online chat and they said they take your word on your employment status. Seems like they sold out promo type codes or have click through discounts. Some completely free stuff others 20% off. It's £40 per year per"family". 
    I would be interested to hear from people's actual experience of them rather than opinion please.
    TIA
    In 2008 membership was £10 and it was worth having - though most members buy it for the marginally cheaper car insurance with LV and Britannia Rescue.

£40 is really pushing it, and I dropped out years ago because the car insurance discount is now illusory and I don't need Britannia Rescue.  

It may be worth £40 for Britannia Rescue, but my view is that it's not much use for anything else.  They used to be strict on membership, but I suspect they're so desperate for members now that they don't care who joins.  Always struck me as an outfit run very much for the people running it, rather than the membership itself.
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You get free entry to Kew using Boundless.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback