Nationwide's 'Fairer Share' £100 payment for eligible members

refluxer
refluxer Posts: 2,536
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 19 May 2023 at 9:14AM in Savings & investments

Nationwide has announced that it will pay out a total of £340million to eligible members, with its new 'Fairer Share' offer.

From https://www.nationwide.co.uk/about-us/fairer-share/

Who is eligible for the Nationwide Fairer Share Payment?

Members will need a qualifying current account plus either qualifying savings or a qualifying mortgage. And they would have needed to meet this criteria when we last checked on 31 March 2023.

According to thisismoney.co.uk, to get the £100 payment, these are the criteria:

• Current accountTo be a qualifying current account, your account must have been open on 31 March 2023. Qualifying members must still have a current account in June. 
  • SavingsYou will have had qualifying savings if you had at least £100 in total in one or more personal savings accounts or cash ISAs with Nationwide at the end of any day in March 2023. 
  • MortgageTo be a qualifying mortgage, you must owe us at least £100 on your Nationwide residential mortgage on 31 March 2023. 

Comments

• hallmark
    hallmark Posts: 1,339
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Does the popup appear if you login to the app? (or is it shown anywhere in the app?)

• ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,043
    Forumite
    hallmark said:
    Does the popup appear if you login to the app? (or is it shown anywhere in the app?)

It did show in my app - people have been discussing where they got the notification in my thread - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6447386/100-payment-nationwide-fairer-share#latest
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • t1redmonkey
    t1redmonkey Posts: 785
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Darn thought I was eligible for a sec, read it as you only need to meet one of those 3 criteria to qualify.  But no current account with them so I guess I'm out.
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,536
    Forumite
    Darn thought I was eligible for a sec, read it as you only need to meet one of those 3 criteria to qualify.  But no current account with them so I guess I'm out.
    TBH, I only seem to remember opening a current account with them many years ago because it was required to open their (higher interest) eSavings Plus online bank account at the time. It's really disappointing to see that it doesn't qualify for this reward though because, despite me not using it for salary or paying bills, it has had regular use over the years and I even made use of it for the recent supermarket cashback promotion, but just fell short of the '£500 for two months' requirement.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback