Self Managed DMP

Options
Thinking of going down Self DMP route, as still waiting for defaults and advice from here is to setup plan with those that have defaulted.
Question is following charity advice I am to do the formula so the biggest gets most and the smallest gets less, should I follow this or just offer all the same amount, then once some are cleared re adjust?
I have Dyslexia which is a learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling so some post may not make sense.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,914 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Self management means that its entirely your choice how you run things.

Pay them pro-rata, or split a certain amount between all of them, your decision how you do it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sly72
    Sly72 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Pay them pro-rata, or split a certain amount between all of them, your decision how you do it.
    Thanks some folk have said they just send an offer with no SOA attached is this advisable?
    I have Dyslexia which is a learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling so some post may not make sense.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,914 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sly72 said:

Thanks some folk have said they just send an offer with no SOA attached is this advisable?
    Again, up to you, some folk are comfortable doing so, others are not.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The logic behind the pro-rata offer supported by a soa, is that that is all they would get from court action, so a court claim is pointless.
  • Sly72
    Sly72 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    quick question what is the best option default showing on credit report wait until they contact me then do CCA if sold on or offer min payment £1.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback