marcia_ Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
     Seems to be an American company 
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's a US owned aliexpress type site selling goods from China/Chinese sellers 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temu_(company)
    "Temu allows China-based vendors to sell and ship directly to customers without having to rely on warehouses in the US. Temu provides free goods to some users who successfully encourage new users via affiliate codes, social media, and through gamification."

According to wiki quoting other sites/publications the US version's got a bad rep
    "According to Time, despite its popularity due to these promotions and low prices, Temu is also starting to develop a reputation for undelivered packages, mysterious charges, incorrect orders, and unresponsive customer service...According to TechCrunch, "...dig into the app's reviews and you'll find similar complaints to Wish, including scammy listings, damaged and delayed deliveries, incorrect orders and lack of customer service."
     In a March 2023 review for Tom's Guide, the reviewer recommended against ordering any glassware from the company as the packaging was poor; some of the products were broken or cosmetically damaged." 
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • ZZ_von_Schnerk
    Options
    I just ordered goods to the value of £16, Barclaycard security went mental but eventually accepted it was me making the purchase. I shall report back if and when the order arrives.   
  • ZZ_von_Schnerk
    Options
    Order turned up earlier that they stated. All goods delivered and appear to be same cheap Chinese crap as sold on Amazon but a whole lot cheaper. Overall they exceeded my expectation, I'll be ordering again.
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Both Temu and Wish are alternatives to aliexpress, often dropshipped directly from aliexpress 
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,570 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello there,

Has anyone else tried ordering from Temu? @ZZ_von_Schnerk, have you made a second order yet?

I'd like to hear people's experiences, good and bad. What kind of items, quality and pricing? If you fancy sharing photos too, that'd be appreciated.

Thank you,

MSE Laura F
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve ordered a few times. Really cheap prices and good delivery times. Last order pictured. 

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • abuisaac
    Options
    Yuppp, got a free air fryer from there for inviting around 8 people to the app... Some kind of referral scheme they had going at the time. Air fryer was very lightweight and flimsy, but its still working fine, 4 months strong (and going). Took about 10 days to come btw
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 3 October 2023 at 6:01AM
    Options
    abuisaac said:
    Yuppp, got a free air fryer from there for inviting around 8 people to the app... Some kind of referral scheme they had going at the time. Air fryer was very lightweight and flimsy, but it's still working fine, 4 months strong (and going). Took about 10 days to come btw
     That's interesting. I've received invites from friends so they would get freebies but I've ignored them thinking it's a scam 
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've used Temu for clothes. Identical products to Shein but prices were different so used both sites to find what I wanted split my order between both for the cheapest price. BUT Shein have better discounts I've found after the introductory offer and no having to sign people up to get rewards. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback