Sainsbury’s veg box

Options
Hi all , I would like to get one of these veg boxes for £2 , has anyone managed to get one , and if so what did you think , plus what’s the best time to get one ? 

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, I have a weekly online shop from Sainsbury's and this is something they started in February but I don't know if it continued. It didn't seem to be in my area then, mostly available in London. I've googled it, as I'd quite like to try one myself but can't find any current information. They seem to have just disappeared altogether.

You may have to phone them to see if they are still selling them and where to get one from -

0800 636 262

Monday to Saturday 8am - 8pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm

Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • nigelD
    nigelD Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning , anyone had one , or know someone who has ? Just like to know if there still available.
  • pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've seen them recently in the shop, but they certainly weren't worth £2.  Most of it was carrots and onions - a bag of each at full price is less than £2, and they were definitely past their best.

They are packed in open trays, so I suspect people may cherry pick the best bits from all the trays available and swap out the less good bits!
  • Newbie_John
    Newbie_John Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alright, so it's not just my supermarket!
    Every time I look at them there's something big like one squash/cabbage and the rest is filled with potatoes/onions/carrots and 2-3 almost-off fruits. 
    In my opinion not worth it, total cost is about £3 for similar fresh items.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ditto here. They're just getting rid of their carp and calling it green/carbon footprint/battling food waste, or whatever the phrase is this week. 
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback