Tesco Clubcard Points Disappeared

Options
I signed up for Tesco Clubcard on my phone in early March 2023. I've spent a fair amount on it so far, including filling the car with petrol and doing a number of £40+ grocery shops. I haven't been to our local Tesco in a few weeks because we've had family visiting, but I was confused to see that my Clubcard balance has dropped to 41 points "carried forward", rather than the 400+ points I had accumulated in the two months prior.

Is there any reason for this, or anyone else who's experienced the same thing with their Clubcard points? I wanted to ask here before I contact Tesco, as I'm new to their Clubcard membership and don't know whether points expire, though from what I've read online the points should be valid for quite a while.

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 May 2023 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Are they not showing that you’ve got any vouchers waiting to be used?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • murkyyodel
    murkyyodel Posts: 8 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @elsien no, nothing. It has literally gone from over 400 points to just 41, with no vouchers or rewards.
    Since I'm new to the Clubcard system, do points automatically get converted to vouchers after a period? I thought you had to manually choose to redeem points either as Tesco shopping vouchers or through a partner, like Pizza Express.
  • dil1976
    dil1976 Posts: 484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your Clubcard isn't linked to another is it? I had this issue, then realised my ex was cashing in the points so had to phone up to get them unlinked.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 May 2023 at 4:32PM
    Options
    Points are currently being converted to vouchers so your total will initially be shown as 0 until the first process has been carried out and any leftovers returned as the carried forward amount.  Your vouchers will then show up in a week or so.  Strangely the app is still showing my full points total but on line showing the lower carried forward amount.  On line is showing this message
    Points earned between 27th January to 4th May have been deducted as we are preparing your next statement. Come back from 15/05/2023 to see your vouchers and turn your points into Faster Vouchers. Or keep collecting and receiving vouchers with your statements.
    Since I'm new to the Clubcard system, do points automatically get converted to vouchers after a period? I thought you had to manually choose to redeem points either as Tesco shopping vouchers or through a partner, like Pizza Express.

The points get converted to Tesco money vouchers roughly quarterly and valid for 2 years which you can spend either in store or by purchasing rewards.

• molerat
    Options
    App today showing CF total plus Friday's spend.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    don't forget that if you are planning to use your points for a partners reward they will be downgraded in value sometime next month.
    What was x 3 value will become x 2 value. :(
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • molerat
    Options
    Vouchers should be available in your account now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback