Talc Claims

Options
Hi - thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. I wonder if anyone has put in a claim for compensation after many years of using J&J Talc. I know in the US some people have been successful with their claims, particularly those using Lanier Law Firm. They are now advertising they are acting for UK claimants, using the legal firm Lanier, Longstaff, Hedar & Roberts LLP. I have registered with them and have received an email this morning saying that the US firm is also taking on the claims of those in the UK. It seems that if successful, the claimants will each have to pay around 50% of any compensation. Obviously, they are doing all the work, so i can understand this. Has anyone else who is pursuing a claim received the email. I'm concerned it could be a scam. Any information would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Comments

• Debbie9009
    Debbie9009 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I’m assuming you have cancer that you believe has been caused by the talc, which I’m sorry you are having to deal with, it must be a difficult time for you.

In the USA I believe J&J have reached settlements with some of the people affected.  However in the UK cancer research have stated that they don’t believe that there is good enough evidence to draw a link to the powder, which I would think would make it difficult to bring a case.

I would suggest that you talk to your doctors first and see if they believe there is a link between the cancer you are suffering from and talc.  If they do think there is a link and can provide proof then I would try a free half an hour with a reputable solicitor and see if they think you have a case.

Best of luck with your treatment 
  • OnePoundNote
    Options
    Hi I'm just wondering if you did anything about your Talc Claim? I've tried completing a few forms via the collective online sites but alas they all end up being undelivered s d a website error on submitting it. 

I had a total hysterectomy seven years ago aged 45, (still currently under the Oncology care as waiting for the final all clear), I used Talc since I was a teenager and I'm pretty sure the Ovarian and Womb cancers I had were related to it's use unfortunately I never had the opportunity to have children either as I had fertility issues as well sadly 

Thank you for any updates. 

Best wishes.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport