Won holiday to Dubai...but hit a wall.

capstain411
capstain411 Posts: 268 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 28 April 2023 at 3:39PM in I won! I won! I won!
I won a holiday to Dubai and 5 day stay at a hotel there. All legit and extremely happy and grateful.

The T&C stipulated that holiday must be booked by March 24. And only exclusions are Dec 23 and Subject to availability.

This is huge 250 room hotel. I am NHS staff and with backlog and strikes, I am struggling to get holiday cover. I gave hotel 3 sets of dates factoring exclusions. Hotel just saying no rooms available and forcing me to book within one time window, which is when I coincidentally cannot take holidays.

I am able to book rooms as full paid customer for all the 3 date options I proposed.

I am nearly at end of my thether and bordering on letting this prize go. I wrote emails to hotel explaining to no resolve. Only had one liner response to one email saying no.

Anything more I can do as I just feel like it was a sham prize just offered to gain publicity but no real intention to fulfil it.

Comments

• Vic2023
    Vic2023 Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Well done  :)
    2023: 60 mins psychic reading, 2 tx Brokeback mountain, 4 tx
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show, 4 tx The Crystal Maze, Eurovision party pack, 2 tx "Country to Country" matinee event, 1 night spa break with treatments for 2.
  • Cottersj
    Cottersj Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Who was the competition run by, if it was by someone other than the hotel can you get in touch with them for help?
  • Hope you can sort it out.
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Seems odd (if I’ve read OP correctly) that you can book your available weeks as a fully paid customer but those weeks aren’t free as a competition winner? 
  • wdywuk
    wdywuk Posts: 5,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you know anyone living there just bunk with them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills