BA and Evoucher!!

Options
Ivysam
Ivysam Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post
edited 28 April 2023 at 4:27AM in Discount codes & vouchers

Hello, I am after some advice as I am absolutely fuming and believe that British airways are stealing from us! 

However, fast forward to now and we have rebooked flights to Spain using the evoucher, leaving us £130.56 left on our evoucher. We thought this was ok, as we always choose and book our seats as we want to sit together as a family, but BA will not allow us to do this!

They have said "the voucher can only be used on flights! We know we refunded you the flight money and seat money, but however you can only use the voucher to book the flight only!"

We were fuming and argued the following facts ...

1. Choosing and paying for our seats IS spending our evoucher on the flight
  2. That is our money, not yours!
  3. You refunded us the seat money we had previously paid for as an evoucher! So knowing we were unable to spend the evoucher on future seats, then the seat money should have been refunded back to us in cash and not an evoucher!

We now have to spend more money on choosing our seats, whilst BA have £130 of our money!

To make matters worse, that small amount of money was left to us when my Nan passed away and wanted us to enjoy a holiday with it!

We're not asking for something for nothing, we just want to spend the evoucher (our money) on the seats!

BA have said not to worry as the voucher lasts until September 2024, but we are not planning on going abroad next year! So, what can we do?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BA are correct and it’s clearly stated on the vouchers page so to answer your question, what can you do…. Use the remaining balance against a flight as that’s your only option sadly. 

You were refunded your previous seats as a voucher because of their Book With Confidence policy during the COVID-19 pandemic, its value includes the cost of any extras such as seating, baggage and meal purchases.

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ivysam
    Options
    I understand what you are saying and I have looked at this myself. However, an evoucher was the only option given to us!

If it was invalid to use against future seating, then my moral understanding would have been to refund us the cost of the flight as an evoucher and the cost of the seats as cash. This way it's a fair situation!

We will never fly with BA again as their customer services and lack of compassion has been shocking! Also, we are not planning on going abroad next year, so therefore they have pocketed the £130 from us and we have to pay the extra cost for seating!

It's out of order! 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport