Tremendous Visa gift card.

Options
Apologies in advance if this should be posted elsewhere, I've had a look but cannot see anywhere obvious.

Just been awarded a £20 gift card from Tremendous for a zoom meeting but (other than Amazon and Apple) have no idea where I can use this online.

I have e-mailed them but just wondered if anyone here might have an idea?

Many thanks

Comments

• Contro1
    Contro1 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    if you don’t want to use it or can’t find a use for it sell them through gift card exchange websites and take a hit. Ie £20 for £17.50 for the gift card. Use legit sites only. 
  • Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 803 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Contro1 said:
    if you don’t want to use it or can’t find a use for it sell them through gift card exchange websites and take a hit. Ie £20 for £17.50 for the gift card. Use legit sites only. 
    Thankyou for replying, ended up spending £19.00 at Sports Direct. Not available as part payment so got as close to the £20 as as I could.
  • MollyDolly
    MollyDolly Posts: 872 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can buy vouchers on Amazon.  Last time I received one of these Tremendous gift cards I was really skint and ended up buying a Just Eat voucher on Amazon lol.  You can get a voucher emailed to you in less than 5 mins.
  • I received one of these cards. I dont shop at any of the stores listed and converted it into their visa card whic extends the expiry date. You can't top it up, you can only spend what's on the card and it works on a pretty poor exchange rate with $. This then means you end up with an odd amount to spend. Given mine was a collection for leaving the workplace I wanted to buy something commerorative and feel i will just end up spending it on crap to get rid of it. All in all I really dont like it . 
  • Bazzalona13295
    Options
    I received one of these cards. I dont shop at any of the stores listed and converted it into their visa card whic extends the expiry date. You can't top it up, you can only spend what's on the card and it works on a pretty poor exchange rate with $. This then means you end up with an odd amount to spend. Given mine was a collection for leaving the workplace I wanted to buy something commerorative and feel i will just end up spending it on crap to get rid of it. All in all I really dont like it . 
    I'd forgotten about this, yes it does have its limitations (though in reality I did nothing to deserve it as such so no complaints) - I searched for a company/store that might fit the bill, ended up getting loads of sports socks, which was something I needed so it was fine.

But as you say you can't have one of these £20 gift cards and use it as part payment so its very hard to actually get the full worth out of it, £19+ was as close as I got.

Sorry your leaving gift wasn't what you really wanted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback