Term time contact

Hi,
ok so, payroll made a mistake with the term time contacts and under paid us for years, only by about an hour a week but they are backdating this for 3 year.

during the 3rd year I got a promotion and the post was whole year, so I would of been entitled to 2 wholes years then part of the 3rd which was April to August, however payroll are saying I owe them because I effectively left half way through a year?
anyone know how this works and if they are right? 
Thanks

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Did them under paying you mean that you were earning below minimum wage? If not, then legally I think you are  only entitled to claim back the unpaid wages for up to 2 years, so if they are backdating it by 3 years they may well be doing more than they are required to .

You'd need to set out what calculation they have given you to clarify wat you mean about you owing them - unless they made the payment after you had left, and rounded it up by mistake, then I can't see how you would owe them, but if they pid you 3 years worth of back pay when you only worked for 2.5 of those years then yes, you may owe them the difference back. 
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback