Premier Cashback Rewards

Options
A couple of weeks ago I was cold called by Premier Cashback Rewards. They had details of some tat I’d purchased two years ago (fell to bits on delivery) and my information had obviously been sold on, along it seems, with my payment information! 

It goes without saying I wasn’t interested in their ‘reward scheme’ but have now received a letter in the post telling me I’m signed up for a trial period until the end of the month following which £79 will be deducted from the card I used for my initial purchase. I never agreed to anything!

I will of course ring/email to cancel next week but has anyone else been similarly scammed by these people? The letter received from them is SO deliberately ambiguous, it’s really not 100% clear that you are signing up for a service although a cooling off period is mentioned so I clearly don’t want to wait only to find money taken off my card. 

The language/phrasing used in the letter is extremely poor too. I’m absolutely livid. 

In future I will do what what my other half does with such calls, dispense with any pleasantries and as soon I hear the words “how is your day?”, just tell them to - and hang up!

Comments

• CapitaLr
    Options

Sounds as though these pests are still at, Jjay. I got the First of my calls on 26 June.  Despite the Fact of me asking if the Call(s) were recorded, on being told it was. I as forcibly as I could state, several times I wanted no part of this scam. And wanted no further contact from them.
    I was wasting my breath, beginning of July, I got another call using a 02080, Number.
    Person I was speaking this time to was from the USA, Florida he admitted to, if the truth was given! I repeated what I've indicated earlier. A week Later I got the same type letter you received.  Like you I intend an immediate cancellation. Also to contact the police to see if there is any action they can take. I doubt there is any. Looking up the OFCOM site, the actions they can take are limited.  Equally finding a Web Site For Premier Cashback Rewards, is difficult. Have not found one yet.  At least informing the Authorities might help if it goes to Law. Even if you hung up they may well have sent the letter anyway.

Good Luck

• SweetPea2024
    Options
    We had a cold call too, a few weeks ago, My husband was not impressed with the caller (not English!) and put her off by saying send details. A single sheet of poor paper arrived. faint print and no details, but only this morning they took the annual subscription without our authority  - source being card details lifted from their partner organisations (not listed or otherwise accredited). The card company rejected the payment and blocked the card - thank goodness...  This is surely another word for a scam! If they can do it once, they can keep on!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback