Mortgage Offer Conditions

Options
Afternoon all,

I've had my mortgage approved with Platform Mortgages. I've looked over the 'Mortgage Conditions' and it notes that 'Solicitor should repay any existing residential mortgage(s)'.

We own two properties. One is our main residence which is being sold to fund the purchase of our new main residence. We also own a second property which is a holiday home and pension fund for us.

Platform know that we are keeping the second property and when I called them they said it's in their notes that the property is being kept. Should I ask them to amend the condition to state the particular property to be paid off in full? I presume my solicitor will need to know this also?

Thanks for any insight..

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    They wont re-word it, it will be a standard phrase. 
    If the solicitor is unsure, they will check with platform and all will be fine. 

I dont mean this as offensively as it may sound, but dont overthink it. If Platform have confirmed everything is as it should be, then I would not worry. Speak to your broker if you want double confirmation. 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • csswiift
    csswiift Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks for your comment - certainly puts me at ease. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback