Anyone renewed with Santander?

Options
My fixed term ends in July and my current lender (Santander) have emailed me offering new deals.

I wondered if I chose to renew with them they would send anyone out to value?

I could call and ask, but I don't want to set any alarm bells ringing.

I own an old farm (it's non working) and I've spent a fair amount pulling down old pig sheds and replacing those with a new barn.... the house is next (extension and renovation) - and because of this I've not touched it since purchase - not even a lick of paint - let's just say the house doesn't look it's best.  The surrounding garden is also a mess from the ongoing building work.

Their email says - "As you already have your mortgage with us, there are no credit searches or income checks, no legal or valuation fees to pay and no new Direct Debits to set up."

I know they mention valuation but that could just be the benefit of not moving lender.

I've gone online and of the x8 products they are offering me, the 2yr fixed at 4.43% would be my choice... which doesn't seem too bad.

Comments

• jm475
    jm475 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are an existing customer then they would not usually re-value your home. I've just renewed with Santandar as an existing customer and it was all online, no valuation etc.  
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    For a product switch there isn't usually a valuation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback