🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Remortgage due this year..... but have debts

Options
2»

Comments

• SensibleSarah
    Options
    I've never had any financial checks or questions done when changing product with my existing lender. I've changed jobs and circumstances several times in the last 12 years since I first took the mortgage out with them and although they by no means offer the best rates on the market, it's made sense for me to stick with them so far and just change product every time a previous fix comes to an end. 
    I'm now self-employed since mid-2021 and so may not have enough proof of income for a new lender, so may well need to stick again with my current lender on a new product for a while longer. It means I'll probably be looking at a new rate of around 5% (double my current rate) but at least I know that I won't be turned down for a remortage from someone else. 
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    eng1991 said:
    ZeroSum said:
    I've just remortgaged with current provider (nationwide) and I'm up to my eyes with credit card 'debt' (its all 0% Stoozing). No questions asked, just a few clicks on the app
    With Nationwide how many months before the remortgage due could you fix? Ours is due end of september this year so just wondering

Think it's 3 months. 
    I just did the one month as I had a big overpayment to make which can do penalty free in month before 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure