🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Alternatives to Bankruptcy ?

Options
What do the "perfect people" suggest , how about doing what some low-life pond-scum has just done to my Ex-Wife's home to make some extra money .....

BREAK IN AND STEAL MY DAUGHTERS XBOX :mad: :mad: :mad:

Amongst other things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, our Daughter had to go to Hospital for an eye operation, I went along with my Ex and her OH, we all left from their house in the morning, to cut a long story short we got back around 8pm , I dropped them off , went to get some food for all of us and returned 30 minutes later.

They had been burgled :mad: :mad: :mad:

What kind of maggot scum does this to a family ESPECIALLY just before Christmas :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now , before anyone goes on about an XBOX being a luxury, their life has nothing to do with MY BR , not much else was stolen, my Ex's phone, a few of the games, they don't really know for sure yet.

The only good point is they must have been disturbed by something / someone , I would like to think it was their cats that maybe scratched one of the scum in the face :eek: ..... at least no harm came to any of the cats.

But as someone has said, it may just be they wanted a few items that they could hide in a jacket to sell "down the pub" to get their NEXT FIX :mad: :mad: :mad:

The stupid idiots did not even take the XBOX controllers, so I have no idea if the box would still work :confused:

But the worst part is knowing that some vermin was walking around OUR DAUGHTER'S bedroom , if I could get hold of them, they would not have any eyes left to watch the Xbox.

Our Daughter spent the night with me, obviously on top of an eye operation, this was one heck of a blow for an 8 yr old, she is back with her Mum tonight, but they have moved her bed in to their room.

The eye-op was successful btw :D so grateful for the NHS at times like this, as there would be no way to go private for either of us.

But what gets me steaming mad, is that ALL (well 99.9%) of "People Like Us" i.e. Bankrupts have gone through so much in our lives and yet we still get abuse when it would be 100% better aimed at thieving scum like that who violate a family's home to get something they cannot be bothered working for.

Another BR-related theme to this .....

F C U K what the OR says or any one else :mad: :mad: :mad:

I AM BUYING MY DAUGHTER A NEW XBOX for Christmas in addition to her normal presents purchased from my "allowance for Christmas"

If they slap a BRU or BRO on me for being irresponsible then so be it.

Relieving the scared look of an 8 yr old girl is way way more important than money owed to some "faceless creditors".

These type of events are what happens when families split up, and part of the reason has been money-related. Families are fragmented, one side ends up living somewhere not so desirable, where things like this can happen :mad:

OK Rant over ...... I feel like I "know" some of you on here well enough to offload my feelings :o I hope I have not made anyone feel uncomfortable :confused: apologies if I have done so.

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that TA. I'm glad your daughter is ok and her operation went well.

Hope you and your family have a good Christmas despite it all. Here's to a happy and healthy New Year,

(((hug))
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    Thats horrible I couldn't settle if someone broke into my home it was bad enough when someone stole my credit card just before my eldests second christmas. Is there any insurance you could claim on.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Good for you T.A.,

I'd do exactly the same; some people really do struggle to understand the important things in life.

I hope it doesn't spoil your Daughter's Christmas, and you can all forget it as quickly as possible.

I doubt whether you'll offend anybody's feeling on here; you know where I stand on the subject.

Regards

Richard
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    Thats awful TA,
    Lets hope what 'comes around, goes around', these total scumbags can not be happy people and will hopefully get their comupence.
    Try and look on the bright side, your family didn't disturb the scum, that could have ended really nasty with more that just an x box being lost.
    Glad the op went well, and i truly wish you all a happy xmas and new year.
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • ClaireLR
    ClaireLR Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMG that's awful

I don't know how some people can live with themselves, absolute scum of the earth.

Hope your daughter enjoys her new X box and this doesn't affect her to much

Merry Christmas x x
    Sometimes you have to go through
    the rain to get to the
    rainbow
  • TaxAvoider
    Options
    Thanks everyone, believe me though if my Ex had walked in on them they would not be here now :eek: ;) and you think I am joking .......

Ironically I currently have no home insurance, but then again that would be fraudulent ;) I doubt they have home insurance either :confused: they don't even have pet insurance and I have had to bail them out for help every now and then.

Thanks especially to BH :beer: we have not exactly seen eye to eye on things ......

The Police were about as much use as a chocolate teapot, so much for fingerprints and footprints in mud that you see on TV :mad:
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My car got broken into a couple of nights ago even though nothing was taken (there was nothing to take) I had earlier in the evening unloaded £1,000 of my stock out of the car which I would have usually left there til morning. I suppose thats why I didn't feel too bad about it because I felt like I had gotten one over on the scumbag thief! I can't imagine though how I'd feel if it was my home that had been broken into. I hope you all can still have a great Christmas and yes, I do think your daughter deserves a new x box.

:j :j

• TaxAvoider
    Options
    Hi Fiveyear,

The worrying thing is that in both our cases, you have to think have these scum been watching our regular movements :eek: maybe they saw that you usually had stock in the car and missed you taking it in the house this one time.

I have an amusing car-theft anecdote ;) a few years ago I was between cars and had to rent one for work, I went to a certain chavscum town in Berkshire which has loads of car dealerships :p got confused as I could not find an entrance so parked on a side road ...... only a few feet from the main road.

However an hour later, walking back to the car as I turned the corner I could tell something was wrong as the windows just did not look right, and yes, the back one had been smashed to pieces :mad: The parcel shelf had been wrenched up and was in the back seat, my NOTEBOOK BAG was pulled open, and all I could see were papers and books scattered in the boot .....

but I started laughing ...... my Notebook was under the drivers seat :p;):D stupid idiots had not even looked further , I guess they just had time to do a quick smash and grab, when they saw a bunch of computer books I would have loved to have seen their faces :rotfl:

But what is annoying and frustrating is that these scum put all their efforts into finding ways of stealing things, if they applied themselves as well into an education / career then they would have no need for petty theft :mad:

Bring back public humiliation in the town centre with stocks and throwing rotten tomatoes is my view on this :mad: they would think twice before trying to impress their mates with how much they can get away with.
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    :rotfl: that must have pleased you in a round about way.
    I had similar happen to me, i was going out straight from work and parked in a slightly dodgy area of London, leaving my bag on the back seat. Some scum smashed the window and stole it.
    I had to giggle a little though because i had changed my clothes at work and stuffed my (worn all day:o ) knickers in my handbag along with make-up, so thats all they got:rotfl: would love to have seen their faces as they pulled a pair of worn, frilly, lacy, french knickers out of the bag and a handful of lipsticks
    I reported it to the police, but cringed when i explained what was in the bag, they said they didn't expect to get any of the items back...:confused:
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: that must have pleased you in a round about way.
    I had similar happen to me, i was going out straight from work and parked in a slightly dodgy area of London, leaving my bag on the back seat. Some scum smashed the window and stole it.
    I had to giggle a little though because i had changed my clothes at work and stuffed my (worn all day:o ) knickers in my handbag along with make-up, so thats all they got:rotfl: would love to have seen their faces as they pulled a pair of worn, frilly, lacy, french knickers out of the bag and a handful of lipsticks
    I reported it to the police, but cringed when i explained what was in the bag, they said they didn't expect to get any of the items back...:confused:

Some people pay lots of money for used underwear :rotfl: :rotfl:
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts