I won a prize but never received it - what happens now?

3rd January I received a email informing me I won £500 of jewellery  (London DE - Marie Claire competition)
They asked me to choose the jewellery I wanted, which I did then it never arrived.

I made contact with them every few weeks asking for a update and was told they were waiting for them to arrive from their suppliers.
Now when I email them for a update they do not reply and its been weeks.

Is there anything i can do as its been about 12 weeks now?

Comments

• I'd suggest emailing them again pointing out it has been 12 weeks and that if you don't hear anything from them in the next 7 days you will report it to the ASA. I have no idea how success reporting these things to the ASA are, but it might be a jolt to the company. Also do they have a twitter account - another way in, someone in charge of their social media might be able to nudge them too. Hope it works out for you. 
    ASA link: https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html
  • Thank you for your great advice and help.

• No probs, perhaps offer to re-choose something in stock, see if that would help too.
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Contact Marie Claire magazine - I had a case of radio silence from a prize provider a couple of years ago, it was through the same magazine group (DMRi), they copied me into a chase up email to the prize provider basically saying they were in breach of contract and would be invoiced for the full prize amount + huge admin charges if they didn't sort the prize out pronto - it worked, I received a full of apologies email from the prize provider, promptly followed by the prize. 
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • No probs, perhaps offer to re-choose something in stock, see if that would help too.
    I sent a email a few weeks ago offering to choose something in stock but they never replied "again" :(
  • @ oliveoyl  Thank you for the good advice.  I just tried to find their email with no luck.
    How did you contact them?  
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 March 2023 at 11:48AM
    prizes@dmri.co.uk  was the email address I initially used, I forwarded the winning email and wrote a quick email saying that I hadn't received prize and provider were ignoring me, someone from the mag emailed me back 2 days later.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback