my wife has payed 35years national insurance but lost her job in 2012 then worked part.time when we checked up  it was only £146 .80 a week can we pay from this May to make up some of the gaps before she 66.she 62 at the moment  and can we pay it monthly or has got to be yearly she does not work now


  • edited 13 March at 11:18AM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    29.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 March at 11:18AM
    Which financial year does she reach state retirement - her forecast will state if you contribute before April 202X.
    She needs 8 more years to reach £185.15, 7 will take her to £183.83 at £5.29 each and the 8th will add another £1.32
    You can pay for 2023-24 onwards by direct debit
    There will also be back gaps which can be filled - are there any cheap ones ? These will have to be paid with a lump sum.
    How are her full years split pre and post 2016 ?
    Is there any COPE on her forecast
    The precise detail is very important to her options.
    Does she look after grandchildren whist the parent works ?

Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools