No Insurance Cover...redundancy

Options
Evening all,

being made redundant, took out a loan back in march 2007 for a few thousand and am struggling to see how or where i can get the money to pay it on a monthly basis?

i didnt take out the insurance cover and so am stuffed. can people advise me on where to go next...

thanks in advance..

Comments

• brazilianwax
    Options
    If you've been paying it, for your house, and you haven't been made redundant, why would you need to de-fraud an insurance company?
    :A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
    ;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry but no chance - policies wouldn't cover a redundancy if your father was under notice already. Sounds a bit like trying to insure a car after you've just had it stolen.
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 987 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should contact the lender directly and see if you are able to reduce your payments for a few months to give you some breathing space whilst you seek new work.

I was going to say to the above posters that the initial post doesn't mention attempting to defraud on the insurance, but I see that it has recently been edited, which suggests that it initially probably did.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • brazilianwax
    Options
    Yes it had. Wish I'd quoted it. His parents took a £20k loan because he wanted to buy a house and getting the loan himself would have prevented the mortgage approval. He's been making the loan payments.

Father now being made redundant, and OP is hoping that he can get out of the loan payments by buying insurance 6 months later. :rolleyes:
    :A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
    ;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure