Does an Air-fryer recirculate the oil?

Options
Are there any air-fryers which recirculate the oil rather than letting it seperate out and just dry frying?  Personally I am not bothered about cooking without oil, in fact I suspect the oil is actually healthy so no need to avoid it.  Thinking about getting an air-fryer primarily as a quicker and more efficient method of cooking than using the oven.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,948 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Most things don’t need oil any that do require a tiny amount so nothing to recirculate 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RomfordNavy
    RomfordNavy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    Most things don’t need oil any that do require a tiny amount so nothing to recirculate 
    Maybe they don't but if I do add oil will it get circulated oover the food as it is cooking?

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    Maybe they don't but if I do add oil will it get circulated oover the food as it is cooking?

Only in the way that the air will blow it around. Till it hits the hot side & then sticks there.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If I need to use oil I  brush the oil onto the food,I don't put oil in the air fryer itself.....and then I clean it after use
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback