Kitchen extractor replacement less than 600mm?

The extractor fans above built in hobs and ovens are usually a standard width of 600mm. Has anyone seen any that are not quite as wide please? (Probably around 560mm)

I'm looking at options for upgrading a kitchen. One is to buy replacement doors, but that would still leave problems on the end panels of some units. Particularly the wall units either side of the extractor. 

The other optionive seen, but not convinced about is to cut an end panel to fit just on the exposed area, so the top edge would fit under and against a standard extractor. 

I'm not convinced either option would be viable, but I'd like to at least consider what might be pissible. I'd of course have to look at recommended distances for all appliances before I'd go ahead with anything 👍

Hope anyone can give me any suggestions. 🙂

Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards