ex refusing to acknowledge joint debts

Options

Hi split from ex hubby in summer and everything was very amicable after a rocky start. We both have new partners but he's not happy about it. We had a debt plan with ccs which he has been helping towards and now I'm about to be reassessed, hubby refusing to acknowledge any of this even the ones in his or joint names and wont contact them. Ccs have advised I look after the ones in my name and the joint ones leaving him to just have his. Already one of his creaditors are taking him to court to put a charge on our property, which he is paying nothing towards and hasn't since he left. He is choosing to completely ignore me and this situation and I'm worried I will be left with it all and loose everything,...by the way we have 2 children which he is paying towards only when it's convenient for him, Is it time to bring in the solicitors??

Comments

• squirrel_pigeon
    Options
    Hi tracker. In a word - yes. If you've tried to work it out amicably and if he has the money to pay but is just refusing, then you should look to bring in a 3rd party. Good luck xxx
    All comments made and advice given are my own opinions and do not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

Current balance: approx £17500 including Tax Credit Overpayment :cry:

Estimated DFD: never - deficit budget. Cheers HMRC! :mad:

Another year over and we're still together. It's not always easy, but I'm here forever
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    Could you not sell the property?
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• tracker_2
    Options
    thanks, not really an option, I'd still have to house three children and then be off the property laddder although I am considering downsizing when my fixed rate mortgage ends in oct 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure