problem with car

Options
Could anybody give me some advice, we have a car that we got on hp with blackhorse through carcraft 3years ago, we are having difficulty paying the agreed monthly amount, the car was 7000 but through hp rose to 16000, so we owe 4000 on it. What happens if we cannot pay any more payments, will they take the car back or can we sell it and pay it towards the amount left?

Any advice would be great

shezzy

Comments

• lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shezzy wrote: »
    Could anybody give me some advice, we have a car that we got on hp with blackhorse through carcraft 3years ago, we are having difficulty paying the agreed monthly amount, the car was 7000 but through hp rose to 16000, so we owe 4000 on it. What happens if we cannot pay any more payments, will they take the car back or can we sell it and pay it towards the amount left?

Any advice would be great

shezzy

bl**dy hell that doesnt sound right!!
    What was the interest rate?
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • shezzy
    shezzy Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    sorry actually it was £9295 now i've looked....strange i seem to remember £7000 on the windscreen at carcraft?? any how the apr is 16.9% and works out over 5 years at £16174.40.....what A BIG mistake we made their!!!!
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ok, check your agreement. If it is Hire Purchase and not a loan you can terminate the agreement by handing the vehicle once over 50% of the monies due have been paid. I think from what you say these monies have been paid. I cannot recall if the 50% figure includes future interest (someone else may recollect?) but even if so it looks like you should have paid enough.

If it is a loan then I am afraid you are stuck with it although you can of course enter into negotiation.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport