🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

help receved tax bill

Options
i filled my self assessment in dec before i went br and on it was a calculation of £247. tax due. i then went br on 10th dec. can anyone tell me should this debt have been included in the br or do i still have to pay it and i have been giving conflicting answers and im not sure? as i have had the bill today
:j

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would have thought it would be included but I am sure Fermi will know definatly.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • G-G_4
    G-G_4 Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    Options
    As far as I know - if it was incurred before your bankruptcy then it should be included.

You need to ask your official receiver.

Best of Luck
    :D BSC Member 155 :cool:
  • tcalamity
    Options
    thanks guys. i am worried if i had to pay would it me favouring a creditor although i don't have that money to pay them either. so i am hoping it will be included.
    :j
  • sweeper12
    Options
    Hiya

I had quite a big tax bill, received it just before BR. I included it in my list of creditors and it was wiped off. I would contact your OR ASAP and tell them, they will no doubt sort it out for you.

Sweeper
  • malestrom07
    Options
    Yes it should be included, if the debt was incurred before BR which it was, then its a pre BR debt. Just because you receive the bill after BR doesnt affect it's inclusion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport