Neighbours pay no council text.

hi, we are in ‘Band F’ and our neighbours have the same size house by square footage. We have lived here since 1999 & our neighbours since 1996. Our neighbours pay ‘no council tax at all’. I have rang Cornwall County Council & they tell me there’s nothing we can do as they never completed their build. Bu5 they have.


  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,641 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Cornwall Council are incorrect, an unfinished house can be banded if it meets the criteria of a "dwelling" in CT law, and someone living in a property would meet that criteria.

    Talk to the Valuation Office Agency (Tel 03000501501) who are responsible for CT banding
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards