can I get another loan

Options
I currently have 2 loan payments running, one with Tesco for 12k and the other for 9k with Bank of Scotland (got this one for my sister) anyway, I now need a car loan of 10k don`t know how to go about this can anyone help me out.. Many thanks

Comments

• Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lola,

The amount of unsecured loans you currently have may start setting alarm bells ringing if you try to make another application. If you have a fantastic salary and can tick all the other boxes they might let you have one, but £31,000 of loans is a big number.

You may have more luck with some sort of HP loan, because the loan company can always take back the car if you can't keep up with payments.

You may find you have to drive a more modest car in the short term until you have paid off some of your existing borrowing.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • lola_rose_3
    Options
    Hi, sister has said she can now pay the 9k loan off, will this help my situation
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    No one 'needs' a car loan of £10.000. You may want one, but whether it is wise to get one is another matter.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure