Nationwide Mortgage Direct Debit not in Payee list coming from Nationwide Account

edited 27 January at 8:23PM in Mortgages & endowments
4 replies 191 views
purpleparrotukpurpleparrotuk Forumite
356 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 27 January at 8:23PM in Mortgages & endowments
My first mortgage payment is due early next week. I have been keeping an eye on my Nationwide account but Nationwide has not appeared in the direct debit payee list on my bank account. Does Nationwide do DDs differently if they are basically transfers or do I need to call them? I checked the last few digits of the account for the direct debit when I completed and it seemed ok.

Replies

• GhibliFanGhibliFan Forumite
    111 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I don't know the answer to this but give them a ring. They've always been very helpful IME
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    With some banks (not sure if Nationwide is one of them as I don't have any direct debits with them) direct debits don't appear on the list until the first one has been taken 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • stuartm100stuartm100 Forumite
    79 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mine isn't listed as a direct debit but still gets collected every month, I assume internally. When I switched from another bank last year the direct debit from the old bank was transferred over but Nationwide have never claimed on it
  • FlimFlam01FlimFlam01 Forumite
    7 Posts
    First Post
    Forumite
    Just checked my Nationwide bank account and there is no DD setup for my Nationwide mortgage.  I think they just do it as an internal transfer by the looks of things.