Solax Inverters CT Clamp Positioning

Options
Can someone confirm their positioning, location of their CT Clamps on Solax X1 Boost inverter for Solar and Solax X1 AC inverter please.

My Solax App on iphone now suggests after numerous dropouts for hours on end maybe days .... my Grid import is always now sowing 15 - 25 watts
When solar is good and the battery above 75%, should the Solax App be reporting near 0watts grid input.

My Solax X1 AC inverter's CT clamp in on the live cable from Meter to Henley block and also my Solax XC1 Boost CT clamp is on the same
Live cable, is that the correct position... for the Solar PV array CT clamp.  Also the CT clamp Arrow direction needs to be verified that it is correct.

My solar and battery setup is in a Mini CU away from the Main CU if that helps... with its own Tails from the Henley block, with one set of tails for the
EV Charger in its own mini CU and set of Tails to the Main CU.

Comments

• stevepryor
    Options
    Hi, I'd be interested to find out if you resolved this issue? I have a Solax X1 with 11KW of batteries, 9KW solar with Solar Edge Inverter. I often find either (1) the batteries are full but the supply is pulling from the grid or (2) even though I have set work mode to only charge at cheap rate (9.30PM to 2.30AM for me), the batteries are charging at a few hundred watts during the day. I have 3 CT clamps, one for Solax, one for Solar iBoost, one for an export limiter. Any experts on here able to help?
  • MikeHEQA
    MikeHEQA Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You say you have solax inverter with 11.6kw (Mine is Solax X1AC 3.6 inverter with 11.6kW battery system Master and Slave 5.58 x2 = 11.6kW.

CT clamps positioning:

My iBoost + for HW is first after DNO meter 
    then solax X1 AC inverter for batteries then my Solax X1 Boost 3.6 lastly my EV charger CT clamp all on Grid Live cable before my 3 Way Henley block which splits power to Main CU, Solar Solax X1 Boost + Solax X1 AC + Batteries Mini CU and finally EV Charger Mini CU.

Reference the daily Grid input of the Solax X1 AC inverter and battery approx 2.4-3.0 kWh checking my Octopus phone app (now added Octopus Home Mini to show Live data every 5 mins, 30mins plus with Octo-Aid phone app working in conjunction with Octopus Home Mini sending Live data to Octo Aid I can see the data for import and export live.

Only setting to change the import before was on the iPhone Solax app for the Solax X1 AC inverter, go to solax screen tap centre icon inverters tap on Blue Gear Icon top right of AC inverter, Tap on Advanced
    (Password required search online) enter 4 digit code,  Chage direction of CT meter to get lower Grid import and export Reading lowering my daily import before now less than 400 watts; hope this helps.
  • MikeHEQA
    Options
    Daily import today 

• MikeHEQA
    Options
    Check phone app for Default Charger Setting:

• johnb872
    johnb872 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could you please tell me what alternative compatible app have you found as I'm having trouble connecting to my Solax inverter with the SolaxCloud app...
    John
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure